Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Demetri : In Perspective

To roam the earths and search for my aim.



Born the 15th of November, 1344, Demetri Voltaggio, as I have been named, first cried out on that star-filled night, that those that have guided me throughout my life. I, for one, had been always up for the adventure, always searching for answers, and every time, I found pleasure in accomplishing them.

It was during the Renaissance period in Italy and all things flourished. I had great admiration for the arts, as well as writing which is one hobby that filled my every leisure time available. Sketching and painting were something I have done in replacement. I was one with the times. I had talent, undeniably, but more than so, with every used canvas and parchment, I had been searching for answers to many varying questions. And find them, I did. I would have gone where I needed to go and find what I needed. It became a passion. It was my skill.

As every young man, I have found a woman to admire and adore. The first and last, and with a name I would never get around to disclose. She was everything to me, the only one, and away from the scrutiny of my parents who were prominent at that time, we eloped. Not long after did she bear a child, our firstborn son. We lived in bliss and could not ask for more. With a threat of cutting me off from the wealth of the family, I carried on providing for them with some small living at a far-off town. Anything I have worked hard for, sufficed. We were happy.




It was that one fateful day that I went home from a grueling day at work did I find out about my wife and son missing. I waited the next day and have seen nothing of them. Days turned into weeks, and into months and every day I searched for them, but to no avail. The frustration and anger ruled me, and yet I was too weak from not feeding, gaunt and sullen-looking.

Hope betrayed me as a human, for when I was alone in the woods, desperate to look for them everywhere, a gust of wind passed by me so quickly, and with a piercing howl at the pain that surged through a gash on my arm, I fell to my knees, dropping to the earths and writhed for days. The pain was excruciating, unbearable. Indescribable, so to speak. The heat coursed throughout my body and it felt as though my blood was molten lava, eating me from the inside completely. One day it just happened, my heartbeats pounded so fast as though my heart wanted to escape the confines of my chest, thrumming wildly, until it came to a complete halt.

Once I opened my eyes, everything was sharp and strong. Scents were more distinct and the sounds were so clear.

I never knew who changed me but that same day, a man looked down upon me as I lay on the forest floor, with a soft smile upon his lips, nodding at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment